Parks & Trails
Sometimes it can be hard for people to be active outdoors. A parks and trails system would make it easier for individuals and families to bike, walk and play outside. Having parks close to home along those trails means people won't have to travel far to spend time outdoors.
Non-motorized trails, neighbourhood parks and playgrounds:
- Make it easier for busy people and families to spend time outdoors.
- Increase physical activity, especially in children and youth.
- Are a great place to meet with neighbours and friends.
- Give children a safe place to play, grow and develop.
- Provide opportunities for people to connect with nature.
Fact Sheet – Parks & Trails Matter for Health
Visit the Community Assessments page to learn more about the level of support for municipal recreation policy in your municipality.
Hastings County Non-Motorized Trails Master Plan Committee